Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Rain..Rain..Go AWAY!

If you guys haven't figured it out yet...I'm located in the Northeast...the lower NE. And if you see my post about USCIS....I bet you can figure out where!

About the same time my DD started with the stomaches...the rain starting falling too...and it hasn't stopped. It rain so hard for so long last night I actually laid in bed, listening to it for over 3 hrs. It was the type of rain fall that actually sounded like someone was emptying the ocean right on top of your house.

Now I don't live on the coast exactly (my state does not border the ocean...come on..figure it out!!) But I live in an area with many, many rivers and streams. So much so that most people can't get to work...of course I could...but now I'm worried about getting home. And as a government employee in a state where our asshole of a governer declared a "state of EMERGENCY." He won't release us from work...but we can use our vacation leave. Nice huh? How about a raise too? Haven't had one of those in 3 yrs either! But I digress...It's flooded. Houses are flooded, streets are flooded. The turnpike was shut down because of mud slides. People have died! I usually love rain...but this sucks....Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!

No comments: