Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The F***ing home study!!!

We had our first meeting for our home study the end of March...I picked a home study agency that isn't on our agency's list...Why, you ask? Well because they are closer...they seem nice! The other agency in our area isn't that much further in mileage but the drive sucks and it would take an additional 30 minutes to get there...there is no easy way to get there. They also require a full day at the agency to attend seminars...it seems like home study factory and getting S. (that is hubby) to sit there all day when he can't stand still for 5 minutes seems to be very unlikely so I go with the little agency. Bad decision! Upon our first meeting I'm told the home study should be completed by May. It's June 14 and I'm still awaiting the completed home study...it is killing me. I also realize she didn't even start it until a week ago...you know you start getting phone calls that this form isn't completed properly or this one is too old...if you would have been working on (like I was told) you would have realized the forms weren't right weeks ago. I finally get the email on Friday that the home study is completed and is with our adoption agency for review. I'm soooo excited!!! Yeah! The earliest we can make all of schedules work is Tuesday. So S and I go yesterday to sign off on the home study and I get the "computer" is broke, therefore we can't print your needed 3 copies...so you can sign here on the signature page, and we will print it up and mail it off to you once the computer is fixed...you're kidding me right? I've waited almost 2 months for this...it is the only thing...other than my I 171H (which I need my home study to get) I need to send my documents off to China...and I have to wait a few days more? I can't even scream, I can't react, I'm sooo pissed off that I'm actually numb. Now a few days more may not seem like a big deal to most of you...but in the Chinese adoption world...a few days could literally cost me months in referral times. Months till I get my baby...so here I sit waiting. Best part is I get to read a rough copy of the home study...it says things like I like to fish in my free time...huh? Fish? Who the hell were you talking to??? Not me! But you know what...China will think I like to fish because I'm not saying a damn word! The major things are right...and that is what is important... but to China.... I like to fish...and at 5'3" tall...I'm one hell of as basketball player (in the real world it was field hockey but they are both played with a ball, right?) But again....for now I like to fish and play basketball!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I'm sorry you had to deal with such a screwed up home study agency. Guess that is why they weren't on your agencies list.