Saturday, August 05, 2006

WOW! I'm going to England!

I think it has finally sunk in! I'm going to England with my daughter to visit my sister and her family...I leave Wednesday night! I'm so excited!! I haven't seen my sister or my nephews since Christmas. The littlest one was only 3 mos at the time. I'm sure he has changed so much.

My sister and I are 6 yrs apart. When she was just a baby..I thought she was the coolest thing...a real live baby doll. But at about the age of 2 she just annoyed the crap out of me. I don't think I really started to appreciate her again till she was about 16 and I was 22. I remember teaching her to drive stick...giving advice about boys, schools and friends.

I'm told by my younger siblings that I tend to be too mothering...I try to hold back on that instinct now.... that I'm aware of it...but it's difficult. I guess it is part of my personality...part of what I had to do because my parents insisted I care for my siblings too. So bro & sis don't just blame me...it's Mom & Dad's fault too!

I think back now and I cringe. I remember being left at 9 yrs of age to watch both my brother and sister. I look at my daughter who is 9 and can't imagine giving her that kind of responsibility. I'm proud right now because she actually asked to vacuum her room this morning and she managed not to suck anything up into the vacuum! I guess times are different, but I also think my parents were a bit crazy!

So I'm off to pack for my trip to England. I can't believe it's happening. I have to get so much done in the next 4 days. Shopping so S. doesn't starve...hope he remembers to feed the dogs...hope he remembers to give the medication to the old girl! I'm sure the vacuum won't be run or the floor won't be swept the entire time I'm gone! The dog hair! Yikes!

So I guess I better get moving and stop blogging!!

No comments: