Thursday, July 06, 2006

Yahoo adoption groups...."Adoption Disruption"

God! I both love and hate them...maybe loathe is a better word, at times. I love them, well basically because I'm nosy and I like to hear other peoples experiences...but god I hate the holier than thou attitude many folks on there have.

If you are part of the China adoption community I would have to assume you are a member of...or at least heard of APC...the yahoo group. Apparently this weekend someone posted a link to a blog where the family turned down their referral once in China...... and once they had the baby for a few days. Of course I have somewhat of a life and I wasn't on top of my emails this weekend and missed this discussion.

Being that I'm nosy... I attempted to look at the blog and it is now password protected. As I said earlier someone posted the link on APC and I'm sure that is all it took...especially with many of those god fearing, god will now damn you people on there.......let me pass on my wrath or god blesses as needed!!!!

From what I understand the comments were brutal...but as I said I missed it and was not able to read them first hand. As I was reading thru the posts on APC I was further intrigued and had to find this blog...first I googled for the cached pages...which got me a little of the blog, one page to be exact. Then I actually came upon a message board where some one had the foresight to cut and copy it! Eureka! I found it!

After reading it..I have to be honest...based on the information given on the blog...which really isn't much considering what they must of went thru (I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here)...I couldn't really make an informed decision as the "rightness or wrongness" of their decision...of course everyone on APC seem to decide for them.

I, in my great nosiness, wanted to share this message board...because believe it or not there were many like me trying to figure out what the hell was going on...I attempt to post that if anyone is interest...email me and I will email them the message board. Well I get a message from the owner that makes me feel like I'm in 3rd grade....it states and I quote..."This reads very inappropriate. The family has password protected this site, please consider posting this on the large list?"

Excuse me??? Aren't you the folks that posted the link to the family's personal page???? I am only letting people know a copy is available on a completely unrelated website that doesn't link to anyone person specifically!!!! I mean really! Not to mention these idiots posted a blog on the internet...THE WORLD WIDE internet...HELLO..it isn't private!!!

Write a diary and keep it under your bed if you like privacy...you can get one of those nifty little heart shape locks while you are at it! Get over yourself already. Can we say hypocrite?! You posted the link to their fucking website on YOUR YAHOO group that has over 20,000 active members and suddenly I'm inappropriate!

Just so there isn't any confusion...this is what I attempted to write on APC "If anyone is interested...there are plenty of websites out there that copied the original blog.........I read thru it just a few minutes ago..anyone interested let me know and I'll give you the link that I have."
Did I post the link for all to see...no!!!!

But...now I am!!!! Here is the link to the "Adoption Disruption" thread on a message board...that is what it is now being called. Should we just call it what it is...family refused the child.....for whatever reason.

I'm trying not to judge...but god, I would have nightmares about that for years to come. It's bad enough I'm traveling half way around the world to rip a child from it's culture and heritage...which I worry about immensely...now I'm going to go over and decide...well this one really isn't good enough for me...I'd like another one...one that is cuter and seems to be more on target for her age...no "failure to thrive" as they put it.

I don't know..... how would you thrive lying in a crib all day with no one to hold you, love you, feed you when needed????...I don't know...I don't think I would be thriving, how about you? I hope to never face making a decision so profoundly earth shattering...at least I know it would shatter my world. I don't think I could live with myself... oh...they named the girl the same name...that is just in bad taste...I guess she will be forever known as Hannah 2...how to you explain that one to Hannah 2 twenty years from now...will she think she is disposable too? There is the making of one angry adult adoptee...not that they don't have enough to contend with!

Okay, off my soap box now and good night!!!

Did I tell you....DD just told me all her friends told her last night at a sleep over that there is no Santa Claus????? I'll have to save that for another day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!