Thursday, July 20, 2006

It's good to be back!!

We have been without power since Tuesday. I can't understand why! We had a storm Tuesday evening...it didn't strike me as the 5th worse storm in PA history..but apparently it was. I grew up in Florida. I've seen some bad storms...this didn't qualify. I called our darling electric company (PECO) to see what was up and how long the power would be out...I was told power would be restored Sunday at noon. I wanted to cry. Now I'm not a crier...but at that moment I was in shock ...what would I do without power for 5 days?? I couldn't believe it! I actually hung up the phone and called back again just to be sure I heard it right (it was the cell phone mind you because our landline wasn't working either).

I continued to call every 2 hours since I first heard that automated voice tell me my "power would be restored on Sunday at 12:00 pm." Finally last night after starting my second night with no air conditioning in 95 degree heat, I got an update...Thursday at 8:00 pm...so after 48 hours with out power...I've cranked the air down to 68 degrees...I'm wearing sweat pants and a long sleeved t-shirt...shipping wine and blogging.

Thank god for electricity!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: