Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Where has the time gone?

Wow! It's been over 2wks since I've posted. I guess I'm officially over scheduled...or should I say DD is. School has started, soccer has official started, swim team has started, flute lessons, play dates, girl scouts...do you think she has too much on her plate? I certainly do but she fights me when I make her sit home and have a down day...what to do? I was always like that though..a go-go-go kind of girl. I always did much better in school when I had "too much to do." I guess she is her mother's child.

Speaking of which that child of mine turned 10 a few days ago. 10!! Double digits...there's no going back from that one. It was the first year we didn't have a big jammin' party...not enough time! She will of course have the annual slumber party I could do with out in a few weeks...but of course all girls love their slumber parties!

My best friend from college should also have her baby by now...she was suppose to have a C-section the day of DDs birthday...isn't that funny?? Her first baby born on the day of my 1st baby...just 10 yrs apart! I can't wait to talk to her..and see the baby!

Thank god the new TV shows are back on too....there are only so many books one can read! I tend to be a bit obsessive with books...I kind of treat them like a race....keep reading until I'm done, nothing else gets done...except the essentials of course. I tend to obsess with my TV too...I either love a show or hate it. I don't just watch to fill the time...because well, I have no time! But this time of year it is fun to see some new shows...see if any meets my specifications...and if I can squeeze any into my already overbooked schedule. And I tend to like the cult shows...Buffy, Alias, Angel, etc... You know the ones the critics love but never seem to become as popular as those mindless, serial shows that play the same scenario over, and over, and over! Don't people get bored of those shows?? You know the CSIs, NYPD Blues, Law & Order...even sitcoms do it...Frazier, Raymond...yikes! If you've seen one...you've seen them all!!!!!!!

Currently I'm addicted to Grey's & Lost...I also like Gilmore Girls...Desperate Housewives I watch...but....I don't know...I fell obligated..hoping it will be as good as the first season...but did you folks see Heros?!?!? Awesome show!! Watch it! Best show of the year!!!!!!!!! Well so far anyway!!

Well off to pick up the little one (or is she now a big one?) from soccer practice...then an early night for me! With some TV of course!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heroes!!! I loved it too!

Anonymous said...

I am excited about a few shows. I watch Grey and Lost and I really like that new Men in Trees show. It is stupid but that works for me today.