Friday, January 19, 2007

Grey's...Father death

Did you guys see Grey’s Anatomy last night? Let me just say that the death of George’s dad just hit way too close to home. Of course the reason for our father’s death were completely different…but the actually father death….the same. It was like watching it told on TV, just for me, with different characters. Of course minus the board room explanation of what was going on with my father and the removal of the breathing tube…we were told that couldn’t happen.

And the death father’s club? Kristina couldn’t have said it better. It was like, suddenly it made sense…well sort of (?). You really don’t get it until it happens to you. And how do you manage to exist in a world that your dad isn’t in? You can’t think about, you just go on, you go forward. It’s funny how as a child you think of how you can’t manage with out a mom…no child should be with out his or her mom…but as an adult, at least for myself, your dad is the last person in the world who will still take care of you. The adult me now cares for my mom….but the adult me still wishes my dad was still here to take of me.

No comments: